Thursday, August 9, 2007

Anniversary Fun

Apparently Floyd and Myrtle won the contest as to which couple, Floyd and Myrtle (see Teresa's blog) or Larry and Jill at their wedding reception in the Dark Ages of 1967, looks more like we look now. We're closer to Floyd and Myrtle's ages (they look to be in their 80's, but my apologies if I have overestimated) than to the ages we were back in '67 (that would be 24 and 21). Kids, do you realize that we were younger then than any of you are RIGHT NOW? My God, Miss Mitchell, as Grandma Doodie used to say.

Thanks to Charlie and Annie for taking us out to dinner for our anniversary. We had una comida deliciosa y autentica at La Plaza Morena in Owatonna. We missed TanMan, who was golfing at the O-Town Country Club and Angie, who was on board a cruise ship in the Gulf of Mexico. And since E, E, & h are in North Carolina, we knew they wouldn't be able to join us : o (
However, little miss Hannah Banannah sent a lovely anniversary card and greeting. We're proud of her for expressing her thoughts so eloquently at her young age. It's not clear whether Hannah dictated her message, or had her mommy write for her, but that's immaterial.

It turns out that Owatonna has a great candy store--Costa's--and Annie shopped for a few chocolaty morsels for an anniversary treat. Yummy, and thanks! I have one more thing to add here. It has to do with tastefulness in anniversary cards for one's parents. I looked on the card website, but this particular card is not available to view. Let's just say it involves biking, nudity, helmets, and old people. Oh, now I get it, Annie--it's Floyd and Myrtle!




Here's a picture of Hannah, for no particular reason, except perhaps to demonstrate how much she likes playing with her Uncle Charlie and Auntie Aunchie. Or maybe I put it here simply because Hannah is so cute. Does it really matter as long as there is a picture of her in most of my blog entries?


1 comment:

Teresa Saum said...

The photo contest is a tight race on my blog. I wouldn't call it yet.