Back to pasta. I put ditalini on the shopping list today, to use in soup. If you aren't fluent in Italian, ditalini means "little ditals". Since "ditals" is Italian for "details", the more accurate translation would be "stuff nobody pays any attention to." I digress. Here is a picture of a mess-o-ditalini:
Dad/Larry/Grandpa suggested I congratulate him on his success at finding this type of pasta today at Cub Foods. That seemed a bit much, so I asked if he had difficulty finding it. I had suggested that Barilla might make it, which they do, but apparently Cub doesn't carry it. Dad said, "Well, you know they have five different brands of pasta at Cub!" I guess I was supposed to be shocked by the news. It seems like a guy could automatically eliminate reading the names of pasta on all the long spaghetti-type packages, and pretty much exclude pastas shaped like shells or ribbons. The good news is he'll be able to find it next time, if Da Vinci pasta is still available at Cub. For pictures and descriptions of pasta of all kinds, check out The Nibble website, where you'll also find out what "ditalini" actually means in English.
5 comments:
MOM...We don't want to hear about dad's "little ditals".
Well, Mom/Jill/Grandma made a great pasta fazool tonight. It WAS a chore to hunt down the wild ditalini. And, dammit, Cub foods can be a confusing jungle of odd foods.
Why do they make pasta in a million shapes? Someone on the food channel is always talking about the ones shaped like little ears.
One in a million, Doc. One in a million.
Congrats to Paco on his more conventional hunter/gatherer skills.
No more nabbing bunnies in the backyard.
Dittle while you work... doo doo doo doo doo doo dooo....
Post a Comment