Today was like Christmas, or maybe Hannukah. I've developed what could easily become an addition to looking for old-lady-grandma pins (jewelry) on e-bay. I went wacko bidding on some over the weekend, always staying within a reasonable price range, since most of the sellers get their pins from boxes of junk they buy at auctions, and the individual items aren't worth much. If I were smart, I'd ask Regis or Teresa to bid and snipe for me. They're experts. Anyway, back to that holiday feeling. Several of the pins I bid on and won arrived today, which I discovered when I stopped at home between student teacher observations. A few more are on their way, and then I'll call it quits. I was outbid on the two pins I wanted most of all, but you win some and you lose some.
One other item arrived today from an e-bay bit; a postcard of the Spring Valley post office, sent in 1908. It has Wykoff and Racine postmarks on it, along with a short note from the sender. 100 years ago, the postcard was in the mail, and now I have it to add to my collection. I've got the 66 Motel, which was right behind our house, an interior of the old Ward School, and a few others. I found a main street postcard with the Home Federal building and sign on it, and really want to buy it but the dang seller is charging too much. Who cares about those things except for a few of us who once lived there?
1 comment:
Don't develop an Ebay addiction, ma... it can be bad news. What's next? Gambling & booze?
I like the profile picture, too. At first I thought maybe Grandpa Charlie had you sitting on a lawnmower! I didn't realize that was even a stroller. Talk about putting little Jill in peril!
Post a Comment