Speaking of persistent and of time, my mind took a leap to Salvador Dali, strange Spanish/Catalan artist, now deceased. I imagine LSD helped his imagination, or at maybe some special mushrooms. His art is fascinating. When I taught Spanish, I read a lot about him, and I even tried to grow a handlebar moustache in his honor. Here are some of the ways he (and others he inspired) pictured time. Fun, huh?




While time is yet the topic, Dad/Larry/Paco and I had a nice time this weekend setting our clocks back. No, forward. Fall back, spring forward. I'm fairly certain the clocks in Mattson Hall will now be off by one hour and miscellaneously selected numbers of minutes.We also had a nice time seeing Miley, Tanner, and Annie on Friday evening and Saturday. Miley was cute as ever, and happier than he's been in a while. Apparently he likes Veganism; he's an official Soy Boy right now. Beats the heck out of Pedialyte, doesn't it Miles?
Another nice time this weekend was talking with Charlie on the phone. Unfortunately, Angie was coughing up her lungs in the background. Her diagnosis of congestitis phlemosis of the respiratory system (see Angie's blog for complete information) is a rare one. We wish her well soon. We also wish Charlie the stamina to make it through the next couple of weeks. It's a stretch of long days for him. Charlie, don't get caught texting emails to Angie while you're interviewing.
I have one more nice time to share. Thanks to technology, we finally have become Skypers. Okay, so it sounds like something illegal or at least surreptitious, but it's not. We bought a web cam months ago. To make a long story short, we're finally using it, and today we watched Hannah eat some corn and peas and Cheerios, and flap her arms with excitement while we talked to her mom and dad. Evan and Elisabeth are Skypers now, too. It is amazing to be able to talk to Hannah and see her via the computer, confusing though it must be for a nine month old baby. Why didn't we do this sooner? Hmmm... I wonder...
That's about it for the niceness. Tonight will soon turn into tomorrow, a Monday once again. As I wrote a while back, it seems to happen every week about this time.
I have one more nice time to share. Thanks to technology, we finally have become Skypers. Okay, so it sounds like something illegal or at least surreptitious, but it's not. We bought a web cam months ago. To make a long story short, we're finally using it, and today we watched Hannah eat some corn and peas and Cheerios, and flap her arms with excitement while we talked to her mom and dad. Evan and Elisabeth are Skypers now, too. It is amazing to be able to talk to Hannah and see her via the computer, confusing though it must be for a nine month old baby. Why didn't we do this sooner? Hmmm... I wonder...
That's about it for the niceness. Tonight will soon turn into tomorrow, a Monday once again. As I wrote a while back, it seems to happen every week about this time.
2 comments:
Sounds like we better get on the Skype train.
Choo choo...
Do we need skypescrapers in O-town to make this thing work?
Post a Comment