Charlie, you're welcome to the stylin' sunglasses I've been wearing over my regular glasses since my cataract surgery. You could start a trend. Or maybe not.
Annie, before you decide to write a scathing comment about me taking my own picture again, Dad is out on his cycle. He took a trip to the Rapidan Dam, or a damn trip to see Dan Rapidan, or whatever. Anyway, he's out so I'm the official photographer.
Mary, I'm multitasking--reading while taking my picture. I've got less than 100 pages to read, and I'm at the start of the big fight between the "newborns" and the experienced vampires. I have a feeling there will be a lot of shredding going on. Eeuuuw!
On another note...
Today is one of those elusive, perfect-weather August days a person from Minnesota who isn't enamored with heat and humidity craves. Not even 80 degrees, mild breeze, puffy clouds moving almost imperceptibly, and crickets chirping in the yard. If you know of a locale that has a summer climate modeled after August 10, 2008, in St. Peter, give me a call. I'll have my bags packed and the house up for sale before you can say Ole Bernerskerfergen. But don't make me spell it.
The other part of this lovely day that is worth mentioning is a fantastic Skype session featuring Hannah, the Toddler Dynamo. Her mommy put her in a big cardboard box for a while, as Hannah thinks it's a fun adventure to play inside. Elisabeth suggested we might put Hannah and Miles in a box together next weekend when they visit. Babies in a box. Another possible trend to start. We were impressed with Hannah's ever-improving walking skills, and with her growing language database, both in English and in Spanish. !Que bebecita mas inteligente!
2 comments:
Ma,
Tell dad that visiting damn Dan's dam on his motorcycle is no excuse...why does he always seem to leave when you need your picture taken? Hmmmm. For some reason I think dad is the innocent one in this whole scheme...
Anyway, you've got some nice lookin' new shades!
Glad you had a good Skype session today with Hannita. If only she came in a box...I'd have her shipped here right away!
Are you still reading?
Post a Comment