I am so lucky to have four grandchildren who add happiness and joy to my life and to their grandpappy's life as well. This is not a new thought, but one that is important to express now and then. On Sunday, Skyping with Hannah didn't work out so well because of interference in the Skype-o-sphere, but we got to see her briefly. How fun to hear her sing her version of "The Wheels on the Bus"! While we didn't see Miles this weekend, he talked to us on the phone, and that is a treat, especially when he says, "I yuv ooo." Today I played with Ethan and Owen, who were well-behaved and happy, but not too interested in napping. Oh please let them sleep tonight so Charlie and Angie don't suffer the consequences!
Charlie was at work at St. O, and Angie had a professional development workshop to go to today with her sixth grade teaching team. Aunt Britt and I were co-babysitters, and neither of us could get enough of Ethan's cooing and purring or Owen's grins and chortles.
Angie and Charlie, your babies are a delight, and I don't have the words to describe how wonderful it is to spend time with them. I'm sorry the summer is coming to an end, because that means the weekly visits are also ending soon. : o (
"Owen, I don't mind you snuggling into my shoulder,
but please don't drool on my alligator onesie!"

"Ethan, your arm tastes really, really yummy!"
"Mommy, we're so happy you're home! We missed you!"

2 comments:
Your four grandchildren are so lucky to have YOU!
Looks like you had two happy campers on your hands, and then a happy mommy at the end of the day :)
We love you, grand-mammy! (That doesn't sound as catchy as "grand-pappy," does it?)
Love, E and O
Post a Comment