Thursday, April 29, 2010

Ethan and Owen, YOU'RE BOTH #1!

A Little Bit of What I Remember

April 29, 2009: Baby Day for Angie and Charlie's twins.
Nerves. I feel nervous and sick to my stomach. 
I can't even imagine what A and C are feeling!
Excitement. Ditto for that.
Charlie said to wait until he calls us to come to the hospital.
We can't stand waiting.
Driving up to Minneapolis, chattering nervously.
Premonition: The babies are girls. 
I am sure of it. 
Charlie and Angie are having baby girls!
What will the baby girls be named? I can't think of one name, much less two.
Drinking latte at Starbucks. Dry mouth. Worry.
We might as well wait in the lobby at Abbott.
Too much time passes. No phone signal in the lobby.
Finally...Charlie calls.
Babies are here! Boys or girls? He'll come down and tell us.
It takes an eternity.
Daddy Charlie is all smiles. Ethan and Owen.
Ethan Lawrence, the older baby.
Owen Charles, the little brother.
What? They've known they were having baby boys for months? 
Deception of the happiest sort!
Mommy Angie, tired, happy, grinning.
Two little baby boys, already loved, their first day on Earth.


5 comments:

e, e and h said...

Very sweet, Grandma Jill! Happy #1 to our cute little nephews!

auntie annie said...

Perfect!

E and O's Mommy said...

Love it (as I wipe tears from my eyes)!!

Teresa Saum said...

Oh, this is lovely and sweet. What wonderful memories.

lljone said...

I hope Ethan & Owen had a very Happy Birthday #1. Jill, I'm sure you will save your blog page to show E & O when they are older.