Sunday, February 20, 2011

Rekindled

I know you've all been waiting anxiously, so sorry to be slow in reporting that I now have my second Kindle, a Kindle 3, a replacement for my mortally wounded first Kindle, a Kindle 2. I'm getting used to K3, which is slightly smaller, lighter in weight, and has a few minor differences in design from K2. Because of the size difference, the beautiful green leather cover I spent too much for to adorn my K2 two years ago does not fit K3. I'm going to look for a journal or notebook to put inside so I can still use it. The K2 padded zipper case is still usable for storing and toting K3, even though K3 slides around inside the case a bit.


This is all pretty boring, isn't it? It occurred to me that it's like watching and listening to product description videos on YouTube, the kind where someone buys a camera and tells you all its features, starting with the materials composition of the box in which it arrived. "My Canon Sure Shot 115 U2 camera arrived in a recyclable brown cardboard mailing container. The box is easy to open. Just grab the tear strip and pull evenly. See?" Reminds me of listening to someone (who shall remain nameless) who once described to me how her friend, a literate adult person, reads. "She starts at the first line and reads from the top of the page to the bottom, then reads the other side from top to bottom, then turns the page and starts again at the top of the new page." You can imagine how awestruck I was to learn about the startling and unusual skill the woman possessed.

To bring this snoozer of a blog entry to a close, here's my new Kindle, a Kindle 3, which replaces my first Kindle, a Kindle 2. Who's on first?


     P.S. For anyone who wonders, I'm reading Abraham Verghese's novel, Cutting for Stone. He's a wonderful writer. He also wrote The Tennis Partner, which is nonfiction. I highly recommend both books.

1 comment:

Teresa Saum said...

Loved both those books, Jill. The Tennis Partner was very moving.

Those two little girls are too cute to be for real! Darling!