Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mission accomplished

I am now the proud owner of a Gustavus Educators tote bag! In February, I  saw the bag being used by one of my student teachers. Immediately feeling covetous, I asked her where she got it and were there any left? She explained that the Student Educators Association had taken orders for the bags in the fall to promote visibility of education majors, much as they'd done with tee shirt sales in the past. It was all I could do not to grab her bag and run, figuring I'd missed my chance.

Being a person who understands the desperate need some people (myself included) have to possess the perfect tote bag, the perfect purse, the perfect bag of any kind, Rachel got in touch with the SEA officers and asked if they'd be taking orders again for the tote, since the crazy person supervising her student teaching  experience really, really, really wanted one. Guess what? Out of concern for Rachel passing student teaching, they decided to order bags again, and as of 10:00 today, I HAVE MY OWN!! Tomorrow is my last observation of a student teacher, so at least it will get one school visit before I'm done. I love it!

4 comments:

CP said...

Uh oh, don't show Angie that bag! She has the same addiction you do...

Angie said...

Too late I have seen the bag and love it!!

lljone said...

Nice bag! Looks very convenient and spacious!

apg said...

Is there a special pocket for your new paper weight?!

Ha ha.