Tuesday, October 18, 2011

New camera

A couple of months ago I started thinking about getting new point-and-shoot digital camera. I've used a nice little digital camera since right after Hannah was born, four years ago, and it's been great until recently when I noticed that other family members' phone cameras took clearer pics than my Canon! 

I did some checking around and compared cameras in my hoped-for price range. I was willing to pay the combined total of the $$ I earned reading Ed. Dept. admissions papers + mileage for the month of September from trips to New Prague to see my student teacher. Teresa, there's a math problem for you to work on! I found the camera I wanted and managed to have enough money left over to buy a purse that called to me at Cranky Alice, a great little gift shop in New Prague.

I chose a Cool Pix S-9100, which is larger than my previous camera, and has more features to fiddle with, so it's time to study up! The camera arrived today and I got it in running order in time to try it out tonight when we went for a delicious fajita dinner with Charlie, Ethan, and Owen. Angie, we missed you while you were at conferences. 

Here are a few shots I took to test it out:

Grandpappy and the kiddos

 Fajita chef

The boys sent us on our way well after dark.



3 comments:

lljone said...

It looks like the new camera is doing great! You've inspired me to get busy and find a digital camera for myself!

apg said...

Nice pics, Ma! I'm eager to try out your new camera. And I'm eager to see those little boys in their new house :) Looks like their front stoop could use some pumpkins.

Teresa Saum said...

I can't wait to see the new bag from Cranky Alice. Looks like a great shop!