Some days are worse than others. After more than a week of a cold that won't go away (coughing, fever that finally broke, aches and pains), Dad/Larry/Paco was starting to make progress with the help of an antibiotic and the usual over-the-counter cold remedies. Today he's having a setback, complete with increased coughing and no energy.
A few minutes ago, he hauled a dining room chair into the hallway near the front door (Or, as Ethan and Owen refer to it, the front-back door). He plopped down on the chair and announced, "This will make it easier for the EMT's to find me when you have to call the ambulance."
Maybe I'll just drop him off at the hospital right now. I'm in the midst of getting
snacks and dessert ready for my book group, which meets here in a couple of
hours. Dad/Larry/Paco can sit in the hospital lobby until he decides
it's time to get help. It will save the cost of an ambulance ride.
(Should anyone think I'm being uncaring, Dad/Paco/Larry asked me to take his picture.)

4 comments:
How pitiful! Maybe he's cutting some new molars like Westy. It can really knock a guy out, you know...
Sorry you're so sick, gpappy. We love you!
xoxoxo
Poor Paco! He really needs to call his doctor tomorrow.
So sorry you're under the weather, Cuz. Hope you feel much better soon.
Hope you're feeling better today, Larry! Regis believes in the emergency form of medical care, too, so I'm sure he would sympathize.
Post a Comment