Angie had a grade level meeting at school this morning, so E and O came over to visit for a couple of hours. We took advantage of the warm-but-not-miserable weather and played outside.
The kiddos filled up a plastic tub with water and floated some toy boats, toy boats, toy boats.
They noticed I had a couple of new inflatable beach balls, so while they sailed their boats, I filled the balls with hot air so E and O could play various imaginative games in the yard.
Soon it was time for a break. While the boys drank cool beverages and ate snacks, we talked about the impending gathering of all the cousins. Here's a wave from E and O to H, M, v, and w. See you soon!
After snack time, Ethan decided to have an Olympic boat race. He reminded Owen and me that we needed to cheer for the boats as their occupants rowed across the lake.
While Ethan raced boats, Owen submerged his daddy's "old" Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in a nearby pond for an underwater swimming contest. Donatello took an early lead, and finished first.
Soon it was time to get out the ring toss game. Owen claimed a score of 60, and Ethan said he had 64. I haven't learned their scoring system yet, so I can't verify if this is true. All I know is that they had more fun putting the thing together and taking it apart than actually playing the game!
Then we headed inside to read and to color. During their coloring session, E and O noticed a little container holding mini M & M's. Coloring is always more fun with a tiny treat to enjoy.
A little later we added up the number of cousins who will be here on Friday (6) and the number of adults (8), and agreed that 14 is a LOT of people! They're looking forward to the craziness as much as I am!







2 comments:
What a fun morning! I might skip work and come over and have boat races, too!
See you soon, guys!
Post a Comment