It's time for an update on my relationship with the Golden Arches. I haven't written about McD's for over a year, but that doesn't mean I haven't had reason to write.
The ongoing issue has to do with the inability of at least four McD's providing incorrect orders at least 75% of the time over the last three years. The intended orders (mine) have always included an iced coffee drink, usually "one medium nonfat ICED latte with no flavoring added, please."
With that order flashing on the electronic screen in the drive-through of any one of the four McD's in question (St. Peter, Rochester, or either of 2 Mankato branches), a patron should be able to continue driving through to "pay at the first window, please", and move forward to the pick-up window with confidence about her order.
I've ended up driving away with smaller or larger lattes (not a problem if the contents matches the order, but it rarely has), black coffee, hot lattes, iced lattes with vanilla flavoring, iced lattes with hazelnut flavoring (which I'm allergic to), and diet Coke. On rare occasions, I've actually gotten what I ordered.
Thursday was one of those rare occasions, and I have a picture to prove it. There's a bit of a glare on the cup, so it appears to say that I ordered a "fat" latte, but trust me, the prefix non- is there.
Yes, I ordered AND received a medium nonfat iced latte. The cup was 2/3 full. Not perfect, but closer than usual.

1 comment:
Freaking McDonald's. Perhaps you should introduce them to the US Postal Service. Seems from your experiences with each that they'd get along great!
Post a Comment