Sunday, December 29, 2013

Cousins, here and gone

CousinFest 2013 is over. How can that be? Our kids and their kiddos were here in various combinations from Monday (23rd) until today. Lots of fun, hugs, kisses, noise, playing, reading, sledding, technology use, puzzles, games, singing, dancing, superhero fun, eating, sleeping (adults taking naps whenever possible), 'toonie watching, playing "baby" and "puppies" and school, snowman building.... and more and more and more. 

For the last several cousin reunions I've posted multiple blog entries, sometimes arranged thematically, sometimes chronologically, other times randomly. As I looked through the mess-o-photos (over 600 this time!), I decided I'd put together photo books via Snapfish for each family instead. Annie did that a couple of years ago, and I've done it once, too. This will be the only blog entry to celebrate CousinFest 2013, and finish off my blog for this year. I'll print a blog book again, in case blogger.com disappears into the depths of cyberspace some day. 

CousinFest 2013
 There were elves everywhere, all week long.


Crazy cousins listened to stories galore.


 Moms and dads and grandparents and kids filled every nook and cranny.


Chilly children used great teamwork to build a happy snowman. This guy's most unique feature is a mouth made out of celery. Try to sing that line to the tune of "Frosty the Snowman"!

The Grimmius family grinned for a photo or two or ten.
 
The Dellons revved up the snow blower to rid the driveway of snow


The Potts four took a quick break from playing in the snow for a family photo.

The Superhero HGE theme was a super success, thanks to Annie. There were superhero tee-shirts and undies for the kiddos, superhero socks in abundance for the adults, and superhero-themed gifts for the HGE. The tree was decorated with superhero logo decorations.


Six superheroes were on duty throughout the week to keep the planet safe, for which we are grateful. Any resemblance between Batman, Captain America, The Flash, Superman, Wonder Woman, and/or Super Girl to the elves in an earlier photo is purely coincidental.


The handprint collection is in its third year. Everyone has grown, so it won't be long before the handprints begin to overlap!


Dad/Larry/Grandpappy and I had a great week of family fun with Elisabeth, Evan, Charlie, Angie, Annie, Tanner, Hannah, Miles, Ethan, Owen, Weston, and Vivian. We love you all more than you want to hear, and we appreciate that you will sacrifice your time to be with the old folks and with each other several times a year. As usual when you all leave, it's far too quiet here!

1 comment:

espd said...

What a sweet, fun post, Mom. We miss you!