Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Out with green, in with brown

What is this picture, you may be asking yourself, and why is it blog worthy? 


For the past several days, new trash and recycling containers (brown, and and brown/yellow) have been delivered to St. Peter residents by LJP Enterprises, who won the new contract for the city. The old containers (green, and green/yellow) are being picked up by the previous garbage hauling company.  Every street in town has been lined with up to four containers per household. Driving along North Washington Avenue yesterday was like passing by soldiers at attention, saluting my car as I went by.

I had to go around the block several times to get a photo because the traffic flow was too busy to allow me to slow to a stop until the third round. You know how bad traffic can be in St. Peter on a Tuesday afternoon. The picture doesn't do justice to the situation. You'll have to take my word for it that it was laugh-out-loud funny to see all of those trash containers along the street. Or maybe it's not all that funny. It might just be that the frigid cold and all the snow are making me stir crazy...


3 comments:

espd said...

Were you photographing and driving, mom?!!? Shame on you! I actually love this shot. Pretty hilarious! Hang in there with the endless winter.

Jill said...

Daughter dear, if you'd read more carefully, you'd notice that I said I stopped to take the picture. I contemplated a drive-by, but figured I'd get scolded. AND I GOT SCOLDED ANYWAY!! Ha ha!

lljone said...

Great shot! I love it! They are definitely saluting you!