Bryan completed Painting, Day 1, late today. He painted the kitchen ceiling and the little bit of wall area in there, and also the dining room. The ceiling is white and the walls are a Sherwin-Williams color called "Latté", which happens to be the same color Annie and Tanner used in their home recently. No, I wasn't a deliberate copy cat. I didn't know the name of their paint until after I'd picked it as the #1 choice of the gazillion taupe-type samples I collected. The deciding factor, though, was seeing "Latté" looking so great on the Otown hacienda walls. It's not as gray as the mental colors I contemplated (what's a "mental color"?), but it will likely be a replacement for all of the gold walls we have now (which I love and am having trouble letting go of), so I leaned toward less gray to make it work everywhere.
Fortunately, I have a couple of weeks to contemplate keeping the living room as is--gold--because Bryan has that area and the hallways to paint yet. I will stop with the ruminations, and add pictures. Light is dim because of the cloudy sky, so it's hard to see the true color right now. I'm too impatient to wait until tomorrow for sunlight, which we may or may not have anyway!


2 comments:
I love it a latte!
I'll copy what Annie said! Very eye-appealing! I especially like the effect around the window-- it's the perfect color!
Post a Comment