Saturday, November 1, 2014

Halloween, part 2

Halloween is over and November is here. It happens like this every year, from what I remember.

Because of the circumstances, Gpappy and I put out a cauldron of goodies (biggest bag Sam's Club had in its stockpile) for trick-or-treaters to choose from on the honor system. It may not be obvious, but the container is loaded with candy.


A couple of hours later, and what must have been a parade of 75 to 100 costumed kids, here are the remains. Looks like Starbursts were passed up in favor of better tasting treats.


This morning I talked to our neighbor, who decorates his yard with spooky stuff that kids both love and fear. I told Mark about the nearly empty cauldron, suggesting that there must have been a lot of kids in our neighborhood last night. He said they had 23. Ha! Hardly the 75 to 100 I imagined based on the leftovers!
 
Meanwhile, the Cousins gathered a bounty of treats in their respective neighborhoods dressed as Elsas (2), superheroes (2), cowboys (1), and football players (1). 

Elsa One and Elsa Two, showing off their gorgeous rings
 
Spidey casting his net, and a happy hybrid college/pro football player



 Cowboy Slim and Sidekick Superhero, ready to collect goodies




I joined E & O and family for supper before they went out trick-or-treating. Fun to see Grandpa Dean and Grandma Dar, and to eat delicious chicken chili, Cannon Falls style. If you don't know what that is, chili is accompanied by frosted cinnamon rolls in CFalls.  Darla says it's a tradition started by the school lunch ladies, who made sweet rolls to serve with chili. Don't knock it until you've tried it. If you're skeptical, start with cinnamon bread first, and work your way up to frosted cinnamon rolls. You'll never go back.

Next Halloween, Gpappy hopes to be out with the kids collecting candy again!

1 comment:

lljone said...

It looks like a great Halloween was had by all!