Last weekend Larry/Gpappy/Dad and I were in NC with the southern cousins. So fun to see Hannah and Vivi in their natural habitat! We arrived in time to pick up Vivian at Spanish for Fun Academy, and Hannah at Frank Porter Graham Elementary School. We've been to SFFA several times, but not to FPG, so it was fun to see a familiar place and a new one, too.
Hannah and Vivi's backseat selfie
Pants-free craft project
The Easter bunny, working on a spring project (pants included).
H giving V a hand on a scooter walk around the neighborhood.
Making a double-wide home for Ira: early construction phase.
Vivi, showing her stuff on Saturday morning at Bouncing Bulldogs.
Fun at the park.
Hannah was excited to show us that she can can "walk" the overhead bars like her monkey friend Ira.
Dinosaurs and sharks (oh my!) at the
North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences in Raleigh.
North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences in Raleigh.
Fortunately, everyone survived the dinosaur and shark attacks so they could enjoy lunch with Cousin Linda, and a visit to her apartment. Thanks, Linda! I was sick and had to miss out on the fun that day. :o(
On Tuesday we walked around the North Carolina Botanical Gardens, where Hannah played with the huge chess pieces ...
... and Vivi had fun in the giant sculpture. We're glad we didn't lose her!
Here's the whole sculpture, created by artist Patrick Dougherty from materials found on the grounds of the Botanical Garden.
Some of you will be envious of our take-out food from Mama Dip's. Others might not be as envious of the yummy tuna salad Vivian and I love from A Southern Season.
Thanks to Elisabeth and Evan for the fun and relaxing time we had with them. We had some moments of sadness, too, because while we were in NC, Grandpa Dave died. We talked about him and we all wished we were with Tanner, Annie, Westy, Miles, and Doreen so we could give them hugs. We sent our love and hugs across the miles.

















2 comments:
Jill,I'm so sorry you had that miserable illness while you were here. I was very disappointed that I didn't get to see you this time. I'm looking forward to seeing you on your next visit, which I hope will be very soon!
Love to all!
I missed this post somehow. What fun memories. We love you guys!
Post a Comment