Monday, November 9, 2015

HGE 2015 ... the force awakens

Charlie is responsible for HGE this year, but I want an official record of the proceedings in the blog book I will have printed for 2105. So here is the email he sent today, launching HGE 2015. This may be the earliest it's ever been organized. Thanks Charlie!
----------------------

Greetings,

Your HGE coordinator has determined a theme for the 2015 event. All seven adults and Annie will be a part of the HGE exchange. The six kids will NOT be a part of the HGE event.. We can decide later how we want that to work for kid gifts - this email just covers HGE.

We will have a $30 limit on all gifts.

I found mom's email from last year about past themes, so a quick run-down:

2009 Match-up of a store and a theme. Gift had to be in the theme and from the store.
2010 College
2011 Merry Monogram
2012 Happy Holidays on the Farm, E-I-E-I-O
2013 Superheroes
2014 "Gadgets, Gizmos and Thing-a-ma-jigs"

Given the excitement among some of us for the soon-to-be-released movie featuring everyone's favorite Wookie (not you, Liz) and given the movie release date is Dec 18, the 2015 HGE theme is....

STAR WARS

Note: Items may be but do not have to be officially licensed Star Wars merchandise. Just has to in some way relate to Star Wars as a general theme.

I will work on dividing up names and will distribute those shortly.

Until then, may the force be with you.

Love,
CP


Official logo of HGE 2015



----------------------

No comments: