Holy smokes! In two days Larry/Dad/Paco and I will have been married for 37 years. Where does the time go? I'm thinking I must have been in a coma for at least half that time. How else can a marriage of that duration be explained? Of course, considering Larry/Dad/Paco and I didn't know each other for more than a couple of months before getting married, several of those years (a decade, perhaps?) were dedicated to the "getting to know you" phase of our relationship. I've told L/D/P many times over the years that if I'd dated him for a while and found out how much he farted, I might not have gone through with the wedding or the marriage.St. Ignatius Catholic Church
But, without that humid August 8 so many years ago and Father Weir to conduct the ceremony at St. Ignatius, Elisabeth, Charlie, and Annie would be someone else's kids; Evan, Angie, and Tanner would be married to other people; and Hannah wouldn't know the wonders of smoked meat from Nicollet. We're all better off because Larry and I met over a Xerox machine in the Chemistry Building at the University of Minnesota. 124, Larry!Little Uncle Mike as altar boy, realizing
he's uncovered Cousin Jay's embarrassing secret.
he's uncovered Cousin Jay's embarrassing secret.
Wait! I haven't mentioned the moose head at the reception yet...or that our wedding photographer was my former biology teacher, who had only photographed plants and insects previously. Those wacky '70s.
5 comments:
Great pictures and great wedding stories although I do want to hear more about the moose. No goat?
Nice pics, Ma! Wasn't the reception out at Root Beer Lake? (Is that what Annie calls it?)
The Root River Country Club, Charlie. Please! WRiver isn't the only place in the state with moose heads and other such taxidermius. Hey--I like that word, even though it's a little stuffy, so to speak!
And Teresa, no goat, sad to say. Although it was 1970, and there were at least a couple of guests who looked and/or smelled like goats. Does that count?
WOW...37 years! Tanner and I are about to celebrate a whopping 2 yrs, and I wonder how a marriage of THAT duration can be explained these days. HA!
We love you very much.
Happy Anniversary! We love you!
Post a Comment