Larry/Dad/Paco and I had brunch at a Perkins with Charlie, Annie, and Nephew/Cousin Mike this morning to help Charlie stoke up on calories and replenish nutrients following his participation in the Fifth Annual Urban Wildland Half Marathon & 5K Run. He ran the half marathon without Angie, who is on a trip with her family to celebrate Alex's high school graduation [Check her blog for car trip and cruise details next week.]. Tanner was golfing in an O-town tournament, possibly in the rain. Annie found Charlie at the seven mile mark of the half marathon, where she took photos and cheered her brother on. Isn't she a good sister??! See Charlie's blog for story and pictures.
The Good Sister
Speaking of the good sister, Annie has a race photo of Charlie on her blog already. So speedy. In addition, she highlights the "meaty thighs" of Sven Sundgaard, ace weekend meteorologist from KARE 11. Sven has a blog, too, should you be a fan of the cute little guy. He looks a bit like Matt Damon, at least in the picture on Annie's blog, but with a kewpie doll hairstyle.
Now about Nephew/Cousin Mike. We're happy to have another relative living in Minnesota, this time representing the Montana branch of the Potts family. Mike will be teaching 7th grade Social Studies at St. Anthony Middle School in the St. Anthony-New Brighton district beginning this fall. Okay, so Minneapolis isn't exactly Fallon, Nevada, but Mike could only take so much of that wild and crazy town. Over the years Mike has picked up on clues that the older Potts boys (a.k.a. Don and Larry) are more alike than different, but he decided to move within a few hours of us anyway. Larry shared Little Jimmy stories with Mike today, and Mike laughed politely out of respect for a family elder. Thanks, Mike.
Mike, feeding an exhausted Charlie
4 comments:
Nice pics, mom! Thanks for coming up to hang out with us (er, buy us brunch).
I went to KARE 11's site to see Sven's infamous thighs, but after many links they wanted me to register so I decided to skip it. I just want to see the guy's thighs...I don't want email from KARE 11 forever. I'll have to find another way...
Teresa
Ummm... excuse me. What exactly do you mean by "the good sister"?!?! :-0
I didn't know there was an evil sister! All I am referring to is the nice way Annie treated her brother on half-marathon day. No rude comments, no attempts to get him into trouble...just good, kind, sisterly behavior. That's all. Now tell us why you refer to yourself as the EVIL sister!
Post a Comment