Sunday, September 16, 2007

Come on in and sit a spell



We have some new furniture for the living room at long last. Larry/Dad and I are getting used to it. For the most part, we are happy with the chairs and couches, but now comes the tough part of adding tables and lamps and doo-dads to heighten the ambiance (haha). I should have called upon talented friends and relatives to help with furniture selection, but it's confusing enough with just the two of us making decisions. The main requirement was the Comfy Factor, so I dragged Dad into Bedpost Furniture to sit and lie down on couch floor samples. After a 20 minute nap on the caramel-colored leather model, he declared it rest-worthy.

WARNING ("ADVERTENCIA" in Hannita-speak): the warranty for drool and sticky fingers is restricted to those under the age of 10, so you older folks please remember that! I suppose if you insist on continuing with your bad habits, I'll have to cover everything with Grandma Kirsch plastic (God forbid!). This isn't the time or place to discuss the insurance policy I had to take out against ass dents...

PS--If you want to sit on Old Blue, visit Charlie and Angie. And if you want to rock on the wooden rocker, visit Annie and Tanner. Much of the remaining furniture will be deposited on neighbors' lawns in the dead of night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great! We can't wait to see it in person!

Anonymous said...

Did somebody say DROOL??!?!

Anonymous said...

Did somebody say ASS DENTS??!?!