It’s been a while since I’ve been inclined to blog. Since anyone who reads this knows everything I’m doing anyway, it’s a bit redundant. But, I do want to add a piece about the wonderful weekend Dad/Larry and I had in Baltimore for Hannah’s Baby Naming Ceremony. If you want to read more about what a baby naming ceremony is, just ask
Rabbi Lerner,
Hannah's ceremony was in the morning on Saturday, September 1, in the chapel at Baltimore Hebrew Congregation. Not being familiar with a Jewish worship service, Dad and I were eager and interested to learn. While we haven't mastered reading in Hebrew yet, it was a lovely and touching service, and we wouldn't have missed it for anything. The majority of people in attendance were there for Hannah, at Marge’s invitation. We finally were able to put names and faces together after several years of hearing about Marge’s friends.
Here's Hannah with Elisabeth, Evan, Rabbi Perlmeter, and the Cantor.
Aside from passing gas when Elisabeth was holding her, Hannah used her very best baby manners during the service. Fortunately, she didn't object when the rabbi announced her name to the congregation. It would've been embarrassing if she'd screamed out, "I want to be Chardonnay Fantasia, not Hannah Rachel!"
Outside after the service, Hannah practiced her flexibility,
attempting a launch over Grandpa's arm.
Grandpa, Grandma, and Baby Hannah (still in launch mode)
Hannah's little thumb gets a workout
Soon I'll have pictures from the wonderful party Marge held in Hannah's honor after the Naming Ceremony. Marge and her brother Barry were the ace photographers over the weekend, so I didn't take my camera out other than for the few shots on this page. Stay tuned for more cute Hannah pics in a week or so.
Now let's move on to Baltimore Harbor. After dropping Hannah and her parents off at the airport (boo hoo! We miss them!) and a relaxing brunch back at Marge's home, Larry/Dad and I spent Sunday afternoon walking through the harbor area enjoying the sunshine, the sparkling water, pretty boats, and a sense of history. For better or for worse, hundreds of other people had the same idea on this picture-perfect day.
Historic lighthouse that once was located in Baltimore Harbor
Shadow people lurking in the harbor area.
1 comment:
What a great weekend! Thanks again for everything, Grandma and Grandpa! xoxo
Post a Comment