Sunday, December 30, 2007

Where is everyone?

'Tis six days after Christmas
in the Potts Church Street D
aycare;
Not a baby is here now...
It's so sad, Grandpa Lar!
The babies are back
in NC and O-Town
And now Grandma Jill
is wearing a frown.

Uncle Charlie and Aunt Angie

are in Richfield once more.

They'll rest peacefully tonight

sans Paco's loud snore.


Clement C. Moore had a knack for rhyming; I find it irritating to write that way. I'm sure you'd never guess! This is the best I can do, despite perusing
my Night Before Christmas book collection for inspiration. Hannah and Miles, we miss you. Elisabeth, Evan, Charlie, Angie, Tanner, and Annie...we miss each of you, too! It was a wonderful week of watching Hannah smile and play, and hearing Miles squeak and toot. We won't mention how the little guy smelled.

Miles, chillaxin'Hannah, in her kickin' new leggings

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Grandma and Grandpaco,
I miss you very much! Thanks for all of the lovin' this past week. I hope my mommy and daddy bring me back to see you again soon. You're MUCH more fun to play with then they are, you know :)

Hugs and kisses (and squeaks and toots).
Miles

Teresa Saum said...

I like your poem even with the rhyming. Ha! Great voice...I can tell you miss those babies!

Anonymous said...

Great poem, Grandma! I miss you and Grandpa very much. Thanks for a wonderful visit!

xoxo

The Kahls said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Grandma Jill!!! My guess is that you had one great Christmas this year!!!
With Love from Mitchell, SD - Amy Kahl