Saturday, January 5, 2008

Visiting Miles

How did it get to be 4:30? I'm swimming in papers to read and grade, not to mention final grades to finish. It's all due on Monday by noon. I have no one to blame but myself, so after I write this blog entry, then empty the dishwasher and check my email, I'll get right to it. Wait--maybe I'll take out some garbage, too. Do you think intentional procrastination is more than a venial sin?

Yesterday I went to O-Town to see Miley while his mommy went to her six-week post partum check-up. Annie is doing great, and loves to share the story of her exam with anyone who will listen. I'll leave it up to you to ask her about it. I also played with Miles while Annie went to her office Christmas party in the evening. Tanner was officiating a bball game in Mankato, so he missed the party. Miles and I talked about any number of interesting things. Thanks for a fun day, Miles!

Larry/Dad/Paco/Grandpa is feeling better, but not 100% yet. He expressed concern about his protein deficiency over the past few days. How about a nice greasy pork chop? Or some Schmidts' beef tips?

Miles, staring intently at a large caterpillar that
got into the house during the night

Miles cries over the late arrival of Daddy's
perpetual golf calendar, a belated Christmas present

"I've got my firetruck suit on in case I'm needed.
Will somebody please teach me how to slide down the fire pole!"
Snuggle time

3 comments:

Teresa Saum said...

Cute pictures and lucky Grandma! Hard to believe Miles is so big already!

Anonymous said...

Cousin Milford, you're getting so big! You're very cute. Give our grandparents extra snuggles from me! xoxo

PulseofMN said...

Jill,
So great to hear catch up with you on your blog. The grandkids are precious! Thanks for the kind note on our blog. We are hanging in there and so thankful that we have such a happy baby! Hope to see you soon...
Molly