Uff da, and I'm not even Norwegian
I made a mistake today. Okay, I make mistakes everyday, but today's was a particularly stupid mistake. In an effort to free up space on my laptop, I decided to transfer school files I don't know if I'll need again but don't want to completely eliminate (Children's Lit, Adolescent Lit, stuff like that) and some personal files related to family (Christmas letters, wedding and shower lists and addresses, anniversary silliness and such) to a CD-RW. So I did it. And, in an effort to be organized and tidy, I trashed the originals as I moved files onto the CD. Then, I emptied the trash. Then, I burned the CD. Then, I found out that the files on the burned CD wouldn't open because the originals could not be found. Oh dear.My usual response to this kind of error would be two parts ranting, three parts raving, and several additional parts swearing. Apparently the brain cells and/or nerve paths that incite anger over such stoopidity aren't working for me today. I'm feeling dumbfounded rather than upset. It's time for assisted living, kids. Move me in next week.
3 comments:
I did something similar, only I moved the files to an external had drive, then deleted them off the mac, then wiped the mac hard drive, then sent the mac to Wisconsin. Then the files wouldn't open because the originals couldn't be found. The stuff is gone forever. It's one of those things beyond my comprehension.
Oh, mother.
Annie, at least I didn't send anything off to Wisconsin like Teresa did. Although it doesn't make any difference, since the files are gone. Someday space explorers will find them in outer space, neatly stacked on some distant planet. As Teresa would say, it's the work of ElRod the Cybergod.
Post a Comment