Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Charlie and Annie have already done their Father's Day tributes... here's mine.

Dad/Larry/Paco/Grandpappy and I had a great visit with GGrandpa CReps in Spring Valley today. Some highlights included: lunch from Panera, crescent doughnuts from the Spring Valley Bakery, a trip around SV to take pictures of the current sites of several postcards I've collected, many of which are from the early 1900's and the 1960's, a visit with the Grimmius family, a First Father's Day phone conversation with Charlie, a chat with Elisabeth (Evan got on the phone long enough to agree to grill a pork butt when they visit in July), and now a quiet evening at home.


Here are two dads...














...and here is the house I lived in until I was 12...taken today when GGpa CReps, Dad/Larry/Paco/Grandpappy and I went on a tour of Spring Valley to take some photos. I took these in color and converted some to black and white. Apparently all copies on my computer are now converted, much to my surprise. But, since I lived there in the 1950's and 60's when the world was black and white, this is how I remember 608 North Huron anyway!

4 comments:

Charlie Potts said...

Sounds like an adventurous trip to SV! Did you see Laura Ingalls Wilder?

I'm sure Michael Landon would appreciate a Father's Day shout-out, too...

Jill/Mom said...

Okay, Mr. Smartypants, go ahead and make fun of my childhood! I'll have you know there are Laura Ingalls Wilder signs all over town (no tributes to Pa, though).

apg said...

I'm glad to see Gpa C now lives in a house with some color.

Teresa Saum said...

Isn't it funny how our memories seem to be black and white? It was a much simpler time...not the kodachrome look of today.