Wednesday, July 22, 2009

When is a fence not a fence?

Here's the not-a-fence-yet, delivered on Monday. Annie and I have a bet going, that the footings for their new deck will be in place before the footings for our new fence. If the work on their deck gets started first, she wins a pedicure (goes with the "footings" theme. Get it?). If work on our fence gets started first, I'll babysit for Miles and play "This Little Piggie" with him, to keep the footings theme intact. I believe the bet is actually over, and Annie won. I'll still play with Miles' tootsies, though.

4 comments:

espd said...

Tooties? Don't you mean tootsies!?! :-0

The race is on!

Teresa Saum said...

You have no engineer on site and that is the problem. I would volunteer to fill that position as I'm not very busy this summer with my district responsibilities and I think I could squeeze you in.

I said...

Elisabeth,
I fixed it... tootsies, not "tooties". Although Miles does plenty of those, too!
--Mom

Teresa,
You're hired. Remember, as a professional in the construction business, even with a title like On-Site Engineer you're not required to actually BE on site. That would be too efficient.

apg said...

I won. Our footings were put in this afternoon. Although most of our deck looks like your not-a-fence. Maybe you're getting our deck and we're getting your fence?? Uh oh. Only time will tell...