If you're interested, I'll be posting pictures of the ports and locales we visited while on the "Big Boat" trip. If you're not interested, check back in a few weeks. It will take me that long to get this done!
We left from Ft. Lauderdale. Really intriguing to watch a huge cruise ship maneuver its way out of the harbor. People who live by the water come outside to wave at cruise ship passengers, and the passengers oblige by waving back.
The Island Princess, docked in Ft. Lauderdale
Krok (taking a photo), Brenda, some guy we don't know,
and Paco as we shoved off.
Here's our armed escort, speeding alongside the Island Princess,
protecting us from pirates (apparently!).
While we were in Aruba so were the media because of a refocusing of interest on the Natalee Holloway murder. All of that was going on several blocks from where we meandered, but it was on our minds. I can't say I'd ever want to go back--it's a lot like going to the State Fair but on an island. Lots of color, food aromas, heat and humidity, and people selling things everywhere. Here are some of the sights...
Aruba has beautiful Dutch-influenced
buildings in Miami Beach colors.
A banana bus--we thought it would appeal to Ira.

4 comments:
LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT BLOG. I'VE NEVER BEEN TO ARUBA, BUT TO MANY ISLANDS IN THE CARIBBEAN AND THE BAHAMAS. THEY ARE ALL VERY TOURIST ORIENTED. LAR LOOKS LIKE QUITE THE SAILOR!
I love the pictures! I'm an armchair traveler, you know. I will most likely never visit Aruba so it's nice to get some idea what it looks like. Interesting...state fair on an island. Probably why I don't go. That and a few other reasons. Ha! Keep it coming!
Beautiful photos!
Those pictures are so appealing with the freezing temperatures and looming snow storm!
Post a Comment