Friday, December 10, 2010

Belated birthday wishes to Annie

I need to interrupt the travel portion of this blog to wish Annie a belated Happy Birthday. My baby girl turned 30 on December 5. For the last several years (10 at least), Annie has made sure to thank me for birthing her. Every time I hear her say it-- "Thanks for birthin' me, Ma,"-- I swear I am in the Carol Burnett sketch of Gone with the Wind in which Vicki Lawrence shrieks that she knows everyting about birthin' babies. Watch the video, and find part 2 when you're done. Very funny, especially if you've read the novel or seen the movie.

Back to Annie's birthday...Happy #30, Annie. I'm glad I birthed you.

3 comments:

apg said...

Thanks for birthing me, Ma! I'm one lucky girl (can I still be your little girl even though I'm 30?).

xoxoxo

CP said...

Happy birfday, Anus. Belated. Did you get a new buzzer this year?

And that pic of you with Paco... you look a lot like Ethan! Geez, that Potts facial feature gene is strong!

Aunch said...

Ethan does look like Annie in that picture! Does that mean he will have glasses, curly hair, and rollerblades in about 10 years?