Dad/Larry/Paco did some more plant removal yesterday, this time the French lilac bush planted directly under our bedroom windows. I can't say I'm sad to see it go. It had lovely little lilacs that bloomed in May that gave off a stale perfume smell. It was more tolerable than the feedlot smell that wafts this way on occasion, but not by much. In its place Larry/Paco/Dad is going to plant a Royal Purple Smokebush, which is more maroon than purple. I hope it will grow in that spot. It is fragrance free, much to my delight.
I was doing something inside the house when Paco/Larry/Dad got out the pruning shears. He called to me to come out with the camera so I could document his work. Document his work? For insurance purposes if he pruned something he shouldn't have? For an article he was writing for a gardening magazine? Nope. He thought a record of his work would be a good idea in case I wanted to blog about it. I'm not saying I wanted to blog about it, or that I didn't want to blog about it, but there is only so much a person wants to read (or write) about yard work.
Not quite cool enough for the Working Man's Jacket yet, Annie, but it was perfect sweatshirt weather.
If this series of pictures gives you the impression that Larry/Paco/Dad did all the work and I sat idly by, well... that's exactly right! (Okay, I helped with some of the clean up. I don't want to be thought of as lazier than I truly am.)
On another note, I picked Ethan and Owen up at Miss Gayle's after daycare today so Angie could get a haircut in Mankato. Angie treated us to Jimmy John's sandwiches for supper, then the little guys took a bath before going home. Here they are in their new pj's, looking cute.
Something was really funny here...
The boys were trying to look stern. Good luck with that!
I hope all the cousins are sound asleep and dreaming about puppies, kitties, squirrels, robots, or whatever brings happy thoughts! Smooches all around!

No comments:
Post a Comment