Monday, December 3, 2012

Faces from different places

A few days ago, I noticed an article in the newspaper describing the upcoming auction of 240 well known National Geographic photos at Christie's famous auction house. Jodi Cobb's intriguing photo of two Papua New Guinea tribesmen accompanied the article. The photo caught my eye---I love the composition and also the intensity of the colors. Whenever I look at it, I think of a picture taken here, at my house, on Halloween: two faces, one blurred in the background,warm colors. See what you think!

Tribesmen

Superheroes

5 comments:

auntie annie said...

Ha! I'm pretty sure I've spotted the Super Monkeys from photo #2 in a Nat Geo magazine...

auntie annie again said...

p.s. I can't believe you used that header.

Jill said...

You mean "boys will be boys"? It's a joke...a stretch, i admit. I will .change. it .tomorrow after i think about something more suitable!

Jill said...

There...better? I was trying to make the point that people are people in their adornments that have to do with culture and customs.

You know how much I don't like "boys will be boys" in its usual meaning. I'm sorry I used it!

espd said...

Amazing!!!!