Time to report in and put it on record that Larry/Dad/Gpappy left for Mankato at 5:30 this morning, he had cataract surgery starting at 7:20 (after check-in, pre-op, and answering the same questions over and over and over), was in recovery at 7:50, and we were on our way home shortly after 9:00. Nothing to it! Of course within the last week, he had a pre-op physical and a pre-op eye exam, and was prescribed 3 kinds of eye drops that he'll take for several weeks. Twenty or so minutes of surgery was the easiest part.
Here's the patient, with his eye patch.
I had cataract surgery all the way back in June of 2008, which you can read about here if you have nothing else to do today.
If you're wondering about the title of this post (you probably aren't), this morning Larry made many references to going under the knife and getting his eye popped. He's teased Elisabeth about eyes popping for years and years. She still gets squeamish about it. I wonder why.
If you're wondering about the title of this post (you probably aren't), this morning Larry made many references to going under the knife and getting his eye popped. He's teased Elisabeth about eyes popping for years and years. She still gets squeamish about it. I wonder why.
While driving up Traverse Road as we were getting home around 9:30, we noticed parents dropping off their kids at North. Because we'd left home so early this morning, we didn't know there was a two-hour late start today due to weather/road conditions. Those teachers, always getting time off! That was for Angie.... and because in my mind I can still hear the deep sigh of satisfaction I used to breathe when "St. Peter schools -- 2 hrs. late" would crawl across the bottom edge of the tv screen on blustery winter days when I was teaching.
Time to check on Larry/Dad/Gpappy and make sure he's comfortable. My guess is that he's dozing, or close to it. Between getting up early, anxiety about surgery, and the sleep-inducing effects of Versed, a nap should feel great. For me, too!
4 comments:
It sounds like all went well with your cataract surgery, Cuz. I'm glad to hear that it's such a quick procedure, aside from the pre-op preparation. Thinking of you.
I have a cataract I need to have fixed as soon as I'm done with this other medical business. Can you and Larry provide me with the name of the person who did yours? The last guy I saw was a little hyper and scattered. He would need a lot of ritalin to do eye surgery...
The best part of the surgery was the cocktail of pain meds! All kiddding aside, I have perfect vision now. Best thing I ever did for me! Just keep those drops in your eyes on schedulem, Lar!
Oops where did that m come from on schedule! And that extra d on kidding? Guess my vision isn't perfect!
Post a Comment