Thursday, April 4, 2013

It's all about the hunt

All of the cousins are expert Easter egg hunters. Some of them had already practiced several times this Easter egg season in preparation for Ralph the Bunny hiding eggs at our house this year. 

Ralph is the family Easter rabbit, who has been hiding eggs for us since anyone can remember. He typically leaves a note for the kids. As you can see, even at his mature age he has some work to do on letter reversals. But, he's a good and faithful egg hider, despite his writing disability. 


The cousins were eager to hear what Ralph wrote on the postcard.


A week or so before Easter, Ralph got in touch to ask me if I'd shop for some Easter-egg colored tee-shirts for the cousins to wear while they searched for eggs. I found the perfect shirts, and the kiddos were excited to put them on.


 Don't they look sweet?


Okay, some of the cousins look sweet AND confused...


After the requisite cousins-on-the-couch picture taking session, all six were ready for the hunt.

"Look! I found one!" 


"So did I!"


"Mine matches my shirt!"


"Hey...so does mine!"


"I need a break."


"Who, me? No... I didn't eat any chocolate yet. Why do you ask?"


The cousins found all the eggs and divided them up with the help 
of Mommy Auntie Annie.


 Surveying the loot.

 
Time to relax and play with the Easter chicks.


The end of another successful Easter egg hunt, thanks to Ralph the Bunny.

1 comment:

lljone said...

Cute! It looks like the hunt was very successful!