Monday, March 2, 2015

Snowmen, silly boys, loose teeth, and bread

I haven't felt much like writing lately, but I do want to post a few pictures so I'll have them at the end of the year when I print this blog into a book. It's always fun to look back and see how much the kiddos have grown and changed in a year.

Vivian and Hannah had REAL snow last week in NC. Enough to build a snowman or two. Looks like a couple of little Olafs made of snow and vegetable parts! Notice that Vivi isn't wearing mittens and Hannah isn't wearing a hat. Northern girls. Thanks for the pic, Elisabeth.
 

Here are some northern boys who were acting goofy together on Saturday. This is the most focused-- or should I say least blurry-- shot I could get. Westy kept making everyone laugh just when I'd get them all in one spot! And, my finger got in the picture. Sigh. They're all pretty dang cute, even when they're out of focus.


A recurring theme among the four oldest cousins is wiggly teeth. E and O appear to be next in line for a tooth fairy visit, and based on Saturday's amateur dental examinations in the sunroom, Owen will be first.




Speaking about holes in things, take a look at these slice of bread from the Mankato Panera store. Yes, I'll name it. I even put the picture on Twitter, aiming it right at Panera. 



I love their bread. I eat a piece of it -- sesame, country, or sourdough-- toasted with pb on it almost every morning for breakfast. I always have an extra loaf in the freezer. I'm a good customer. But one out of a dozen loaves isn't really a loaf. It's a bread TUBE. I have mentioned it more than once or twice when buying bread at Panera, asking the employee to please pass along my concern to the manager. I must be the only customer who mentions it, or even more implausible, the only customer who has ever gotten holy bread there, because the response is always one of surprise.

When I posted on Twitter,  I got a response back fairly quickly from the Panera person in charge of such things, asking for the Panera location so they could check into it. Admittedly, this is the holiest loaf I've ever had, with all but about four slices having a substantial opening. Usually there are at least six. Ha! I don't have any more to say about this holy bread thing, other than I'll continue to post pictures of anything similar I get from Panera in the future. That's about as edgy as I plan to get at my age.

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

Holy Panera bread, Batman! I really wonder if it's just you, kind of like the terrible luck with the USPS. :) Love these pics, especially Westy the blur and E&O falling victim to dental pliers. Watch out, boys!