Monday, March 9, 2015

Warming up

Hurray that the weather is getting warmer and the dirty snow piles are receding! Gpappy/Larry/Dad just reported to me that we should see 60 degrees or better for the next several days. Can this be true?

The warm-up began on Friday. Speaking of warm-ups, Ethan and Owen tossed off their jackets and played snow soccer and shot some hoops on Friday afternoon. They were a bit too optimistic, and the jackets went back on eventually.





 Bros in the snow



Miles and Westy spent a little time with us on Saturday, while A and T were with Dave and Doreen. Later they returned to D & D's to celebrate Uncle Will's birthday. While they were here, M & W practiced drinking champagne out of fancy glasses. Gppy and I had gone to the opening St. Paul Chamber Orchestra concert at the remodeled Ordway with Uncle Don and Aunt Janet a few days before, and part of the event was a champagne reception afterward. Or a bubbly fake champagne reception. I didn't drink any, but Gpappy says it was pretend. No matter-- the fancy glasses are cool!



 Examining the bubbles up close



More bros

We had a FaceTime conversation with the NC cousins on Saturday afternoon, first with ESPD and sickie Vivi, and again later in the day when Hannah joined in. Poor little Vivian was too lethargic to chat. Elisabeth said she perked up on Sunday, but ran out of steam. Earth to Vivi: We hope you're better today. 


Hannah, on the other hand, was big into community service this weekend, volunteering to help clean up the neighborhood. She looks good in an orange vest and worker gloves!


Sadly, I don't have a picture of H and V hugging each other. I'm guessing that didn't happen because of Vivi being sick and Hannah's barf-o-phobia. Maybe next weekend?

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Best.bro.pics.ever!

lljone said...

Cute pictures! I hope Vivi is much better now.