Bourne...again and again
Larry/Dad and I just got home from two hours of rock-'em, sock-'em, action-packed adventure at the *St. Peter Cinema Five. All nine patrons in attendance, including the two of us, left exhausted and out of breath after watching The Bourne Ultimatum. If you go, I recommend bringing oxygen. No kidding, the heart-pounding pace starts in the first scene and it never lets up. If I were inclined to take up acting (and I'm not, so don't worry), this would be the movie for my debut performance. There couldn't have been more than a couple of dozen lines of dialogue sprinkled in between car chases and running-through-dense-crowd scenes. Even I would be able to memorize my part. Matt Damon does nearly all the "acting", most of which involves fight scenes that seem to be in fast forward. For one particular pain-producing fight sequence, I'm pretty sure the director borrowed the sound track from a Jackie Chan kung-fu movie--lots of snapping and cracking and whirring. It didn't bode well for the bad guy, but our boy Jason Bourne emerges nearly unscathed.
Matt's friend, Ben Aflac
I recommend the movie to anyone who was patient enough to watch The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy, Born to Be Wild, Born Free, Born on the Fourth of July, A Star is Born and/or Bjorn Borg, the tennis player.
Right now Larry/Dad is watching football on tv and talking in a high voice imitating Darrin Nelson, former Viking and current commentator. Larry, who apparently hasn't gotten over the bitter disappointment of Nelson screwing up in a game in the early 90's, wishes Charlie were here to help him mock the poor guy. This trading card is going for $45 on e-bay, so I guess not everyone holds Larry's grudge.
* Check out the Cinema Five link in the first paragraph. Ha ha! No wonder only nine people were there tonight!
2 comments:
Oh Darrin Nelson. He of the infamous dropped pass in the 1987 NFC Championship game against the Redskins. What a dope.
And he does have a high-pitched delivery. Sort of like Mike Tyson without the lisp.
I had a full weekend...the wedding festivities and now enjoying the movie through your blog and the State Fair through Charlie's. Whew...no wonder I'm tired.
Post a Comment