Sunday, September 30, 2007

Wanted: Dream Interpreter

You may or may not know this about Dad/Larry, but he has dreams that should be made into movies, or at least sitcom episodes. While my occasional interesting and vivid dream fades into the fog before both feet touch the floor, he recounts his unusual dreams with great detail.

Dad/Larry slept in this morning—no surprise—and when I went into the bedroom to suggest he might want to get up, I woke him from a dream that, for now, has no ending.

It seems Dad/Larry was out for a drive in a Lincoln Continental. The steering wheel in this well-appointed car was in the back seat, and Dad was the driver. It so happens that he was not alone; Johnny Cash, Dad’s friend Mark Kruger, and Hannah were in the car with him. Dad had brought Kruger along because he couldn’t depend on Johnny Cash to keep a close eye on Hannah (Must have been during Cash’s untrustworthy alcoholic years; I'll bet even June didn't let Johnny spend time alone with the kids.).

Despite Dad’s caution, Kruger wanted to talk to Johnny Cash about something, so he wasn’t paying full attention to Hannah and therefore Dad had to keep his eye on her. Eventually it occurred to Dad that this wasn’t a good situation because Hannah was taking a bath in her baby bathtub. Furthermore it was hard for Dad to drive from the back seat because he couldn’t see past Johnny Cash sitting in the front seat. Here's where I interrupted the tale.

Dad’s big concern after he told me the story was that he didn’t know where they were going. Does it really matter?



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, the first thing I wondered was, "Where in the world could they possibly be going?" :-0
What a wild dream!

Charlie Potts said...

Dad's latest prescription drug cocktail is certainly sparking some creative moments!

Side note: I've always thought of Kruger as Gustavus' Man in Black.

Anonymous said...

I pinched a kid at daycare...
Just to watch him cry...