Monday, September 24, 2007

When it’s marked fragile, what does it really mean?

A gift from Evan, Elisabeth, and Hannah arrived today for Dad/Larry’s birthday (always good to extend the celebration!). Here are two photos of Dad/Larry with said gift, an adorable mug that shows the two faces of Hannah, rather like drama/comedy masks :o} Dad/Larry says he’ll take the mug to school and make it his official coffee mug. I think it will come in handy when he wants his students to know his mood (if by some astonishing chance they can’t tell his mood just by looking at him).

The UPS package from E, E, & H was delivered around 1:30 this afternoon. I had gone home at 1:15 to pick up a book I needed for work. As I was driving up Church Street to return to campus, I looked out of the rearview mirror and noticed the UPS fellow in his brown truck, brown shorts, brown shirt, and brown cap turning into our driveway. I hung a Louie at the top of the hill, tires screeching, car careening to the left on the two inside tires—oh wait, that’s NASCAR. I went back home and pulled in the driveway just in time to see the UPS man toss the box, which was marked FRAGILE, against the door that leads into the garage. He smiled and nodded, jumped into his truck, and sped off. I can only imagine what he would have done with it if the FRAGILE label hadn’t been there. Luckily, the mug survived the impact and Dad/Larry will look forward to coffee with Hannah tomorrow morning.
MUG SHOTS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you whipped a shitty at the top of the hill, Ma - not only was that package fragile, but also priceless! Someone could have (and probably WOULD have) walked off with the adoreable pictures of little h.
I can tell grandpa loves his gift...what a great way to show off his grandbaby!

Anonymous said...

Glad the mug survived the impact! What a funny story!

Hmmm... my word verification for this posting is "tahnr"... an alternative spelling of Tanner?!