Bumbo Seat recall announced after danger
of serious head injuries
of serious head injuries
Here's a portion of the article about the Bumbo Seat recall:
The Consumer Product Safety Commission has announced the recall of nearly a million Bumbo ‘Baby Sitter’ Seats made by Bumbo International. The voluntary recall comes after 28 reports of young children falling out of Bumbo seats that had been placed on an elevated surface. Three of the 28 children suffered skull fractures.
Yes, parents and parents-to-be of infants, Bumbo Seats ARE dangerous if a child is left unwatched on the kitchen counter top or on a steeply-slanted roof! Here's the warning as stated in the article:
The CPSC warns that the seats should only be placed on the ground, no elevated surfaces, and the child should never be left unattended.
Here's the solution:
Consumers can contact Bumbo to get a free warning label to put on their baby seat.
I'd say that's pretty helpful, wouldn't you? Maybe we should consult an expert--Hannah has been a Bumbo baby for quite some time now. I hope she has some words of wisdom for Baby G. Because warning stickers are typically written in two languages, English and Spanish, Hannah, here's where your Bumbo experience and your knowledge of Spanish will come in handy. Please teach Baby G the words WARNING and ADVERTENCIA so s/he is bilingually protected from the perils of Bumbo Seat failure.
Hannah, in disbelief over the announced product danger, quipped: "I'm only a baby. If the Bumbo people don't care enough about my safety to make a quality product, I have little hope for the rest of humankind. But let it be known that I'm not a wimp, and I'll sit in my Bumbo Seat until my tushy doesn't fit in it anymore."
Hannah, in peril
Bumbo info from: http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?id=26154&cat=10

7 comments:
I'm so glad we sent you a photo of Hannah, unattended (note mother in background eating a bowl of cereal or something), as a fine example of what NOT to do. :-0
Guess we'd better request an "ADVERTENCIA!!!!" sticker!
Elisabeth,
Do you think Evan was documenting your irresponsibility by making sure he captured you in the background? Ha ha!
Bumbolina, Bumbolina, tiny leetle theeng, Bumbolina dance, Bumbolina seeng. --Hans Christian Anderson (Hank and Greg's brother), sung with ethnic accent.
It might help to keep Bumbo at lowest point on the property, like under the deck, but then Bumbolina would cry and get lonely.
One of the ACs has a daughter... he brought over his Bumbo chair. On the back of the chair in RED INK - BOLDED - was a written warning that starts with the line "Do not use on elevated surfaces." It also includes "Do not leave child unattended."
Apparently those aren't written clearly enough for the dopey parents of the 28 kids who were injured. Seriously, it's WRITTEN ON THE CHAIR!
Charlie, I think I read the same thing on a toilet seat!
Yo- That friendly warning isn't on our Bumbo chair (which is a few years old... it was a hand-me-down), but interestingly, it IS on all of our toilet seats. Go figure.
Post a Comment