Retirement update #1
Yesterday officially marked the end of Larry/Paco/Dad’s last day as Chair of the Chemistry Department. No more fires to put out (play on words, in case you’re concerned about chemical explosions), no more department meetings, department chair meetings, faculty meetings…no more meetings of any kind. And today is Dad’s final day of employment at Gustavus, calendar-wise. He’s got the month of June to sort out 37 years worth of course material, lecture notes, books, and memorabilia.
Here’s Larry in a mid-1980’s vintage college publicity photo. Probably one of the only times he ever wore a lab coat. If it had been part of his daily attire, there would certainly be a pocket protector with several pens in his breast pocket.
3 comments:
Larry, best wishes for a wonderful retirement. Now t hat you have more time, I hope you'll be coming to NC more often.
Cuz
Way to go, dad! Congratulations!!!!
Mom, you're next!
People take you more seriously when you wear a lab coat.
I'm going to start wearing one next week. Can I borrow an old one, Paco?
Post a Comment