Thursday, June 5, 2008

Anticipating the weekend

I'm sitting in the living room on this gray evening, watching the grass grow. Literally. It's growing as I peer out the window at the front yard. That's what rain, rain, rain, and more rain tends to do...stimulate plant growth. Teresa, you are the offical weather reporter for BlogWorld, so I apologize for inserting weather-related comments into this entry, but I just couldn't help it. The change in the height of the grass since this morning must be a direct result of all the rain. Or of global warming. I'll check with Al Gore.

Tomorrow is The Big Day. Elisabeth, Evan, Hannah, Charlie, Angie, Annie, Tanner, and Miles will all be here, in our house. I can hardly wait. I want to see Miles clap (his new trick), see Hannah's almost-walking skills, and give her the phone so she can dial 911 again. Little stinker.

Don and Janet, and Mike and his girlfriend Amber-who-hasn't-met-the-family-yet will be here on Saturday. So will Grandpa Charlie, Mark, Kathy, Karla, Paul, and we hope Mike and Margot. Mary Jo and Mike won't be coming from Florida, but we wish they could.

Nothing like a Paco Retirement to gather the troops.

I hear the rain starting up again. Time to watch the grass grow some more.

No comments: