Saturday, June 14, 2008

Dad's Day Weekend

Blue skies, temp in the mid-70's, gentle breeze. That was today, and it's still going on. This is what summer should feel like every day. Maybe that's the real reason Paul Douglas got fired; he was ready for pleasant days so he wouldn't have to broadcast the ridiculous weather hype we became so fond of over the years. I had given some thought to writing a daily retirement report to share Larry/Dad/Paco's exploits into the world of unwork, but it really isn't fair to do that so soon. Maybe later in the summer. Today, being a Saturday, wasn't much different than any other Saturday for the him anyway. A trip to the grocery store and mowing the lawn are typical Saturday activities for him.

I
spent much of the day in my office, prepping for a workshop I'm doing on Tuesday about Four Blocks literacy. Dave Koppenhaver, the real expert, did a one day workshop in February, and I'm the follow-up guy. I've spent several days getting ready, and still have a few hours to go to be able to feel confident that it won't be a complete bust. Jane Schuck is the facilitator, and she'll tell some of her always-good jokes when it's her turn to share information. At least people will go away feeling they've been entertained.

Happy Father's Day to any dad-types who may be reading along. Be nice to your kids; they love you and have something nice planned for you on your special day.

Some dads we know and love...
Say hello to the newest dad.
This dad is on Father's Day #2 already
This dad will do anything for attention.
This dad looks good in a hat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great series of dad photos. So funny! Glad it's so beautiful in St. Peter. Hannah and I walked in the Komen Foundation Race for the Cure in Raleigh this AM w/friends Nora and Ceila, and it was 90 degrees by ~9:30 am! :-0 Thank goodness for sunscreen and for little kids along the walk route with huge water guns just waiting to blast the participants!