Perfect November day
I've had it with this presidential campaign, which is a common complaint from nearly everyone I know. It's a crying shame that such an historic election moment has been spoiled by ridiculous ad campaigns on television, mailboxes stuffed with more of the same on shiny over-sized cardstock mailers, and by talk-show hosts who rip the candidates to shreds to get laughs. Hard to take this voting thing seriously, historic or not, when mockery is the order of the day. Whether you love or hate Hillary Clinton and/or Sarah Palin, you've gotta admit that the leadership role of women in politics has taken a giant step backward by the way the media has portrayed them. Maybe it's not a giant step backward after all, but rather a reminder that women have to wait in line a while yet before we're given permission move forward again. Not much has changed since the 60's for most women, even though our daughters might argue the point. They'e be wrong, though.
Darrel is outside blowing leaves, Mark is on his lawn tractor bagging grass and leaves, and I'm about to go out and pick up sticks so Larry/Dad/Paco can clean up our yard in anticipation of Leaf Pick-Up-North-of -Broadway Week. Yup, it's been a beautiful fall, with unbeatable weather. I hate to see it end. Living in Minnesota, where we have front row seats for the Theater of the Seasons, doesn't give us much of a choice but to clean up the leaves and get ready for snow.
Don't forget to fall back tonight and to rest up for the big voting adventure on Tuesday. I'll leave you with a happy thought to counteract the growly way I started this entry...only two more days of those disgusting campaign ads and we'll be free at last!
No comments:
Post a Comment