Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Why do we live in Minnesota?

The weather outside is frightful, and it seems it's the only thing to talk about lately. I sure wish there was something interesting to share in our family, but gees, this seems to be a down-time for anything exciting to be reported. Anyone? Any news?

Okay, back to the weather. It's cold. Here's some interchange between Annie and Dad/Paco/Grandpappy/Larry/Paco:

Annie wrote:
Dad told me that it was 70 degrees in Raleigh yesterday... That was 103 degrees warmer than Owatonna. Not kidding. We were shivering in 33 below zero temps!

Larry/Dad/Paco responded:
Anus, don't scare them [meaning La familia Dellon] away! Your -33 was with a wind chill, their 70 deg was not. The difference was only about 80 or 85 degrees. That's nothing.
--The Chilly Pacster

Annie:
D-ad, don't be silly. Yes, -33 was with a wind chill - and that happens to be the "real feel" temp. It's not like -33 feels like 20 degrees or something more tolerable like that. 33 degress below zero = 33 degrees below zero, no matter how you want to look at it. It's f'n cold!
------------------
Our boy Mark Tarello on KEYC is talking about Dangerous Digits, Negative Numbers, and Tricky Travel even as I write. Gees, he's hard to listen to! Can't he just say it's COLD???

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wind Chill schmind chill. It's not THAT cold outside. The snow is pretty, anyway.

Charlie Potts said...

I also don't mind the cold. However, I've already had as many "bad road days" this year as I had all of last year - and it's not even christmas break yet!

Anonymous said...

I'll take the cold. You can keep the snow! Pretty or not, it makes everything more difficult.

Anonymous said...

Well, since everyone is voicing their opinions.... Give me snow, take the cold.

Brandon & Natalie said...

I agree, I'll take the snow any day, but leave that cold up at the North Pole with Santa!

Angie said...

I would take NC. No snow or cold for me ever - boo!!!