Monday, June 1, 2009

Lawrence Nightingale

Not just anyone can be a nurse. It takes special talent, like flushing an IV with saline but NOT fooling around with it first. Those air bubbles aren't good for the veins, Larry.










I'm on my last day of IV antibiotics, and believe me I'm ready to be done. Hauling a needle and tubing around in my arm for 10 days has been a real treat, believe me. I've now been on either IV or oral antibiotics for 21 days. I dare any bacteria to set up camp in my bloodstream...wait, I take that back. I haven't
had MRSA yet, so I don't want to offer the challenge. By 11:45 today I should be needle-free. Hooray!

4 comments:

Charlie Potts said...

Grandma,
We totally know what it's like to wear an IV for a long time. The IV needles we had were almost as long as our arms! We are very glad that you are done with the hospital stuff and we are really excited to play with you ALL DAY tomorrow!
Love,
Ethan and Owen

Teresa Saum said...

I don't know, Jill. That guy has an evil look!

lljone said...

Jill,
That looks painful, as well as miserable to haul around! I'm glad you're almost through the treatment and hope you are feeling much better.
Linda

espd said...

Who let Nurse Ratched into the house?!?!? :-0 Poor mom!

And poor Ethan and Owen. What a sad testimonial!