...one of those days, only it just seems like two. I've been sick today with "flu-like symptoms" of a slamming headache, body aches, fever and chills. It actually started yesterday with what I thought was food poisoning from (perhaps) peanut butter, so I spent a good deal of Friday doing very little. During the night the achy stuff kicked in, and so it's been a Tylenol, water, sleep, repeat kind of day.
A couple of hours ago, Dad/Larry/Paco went out to the garage to bring in bottled agua and pop. After about five minutes he opened the door into the house and called to me to help him. I figured he was carrying too much and couldn't get in, or else he'd gone to the mailbox and found out we were Grand Prize Winners, and was overcome by joy. Unfortunately, neither was the case. He'd somehow stepped wrong and ended up pulling a thigh muscle (we think) and ended up on the garage floor, unable to use his leg to pull himself up. After sitting a few minutes and with the use of Grandpa Larry's old cane and my shoulder, he got up and was able to get into the house. If you recall, he injured his back bending over to pick up some sticks several weeks ago. I guess this is a lesson for him. No more helping around the house. Oh lord, what did I just say?? He's watching a Mel Gibson movie to aid in recovery. I can hear shooting and sirens, so I imagine it's doing the job.
Happy 4th of July to everyone!

4 comments:
Hope you are feeling better, ma! Paco certainly is injury prone.... perhaps it's time to get him a hockey helmet?
Oh no! Do you need a home health aide? Hope you're both feeling better today!
Hope you're feeling better, Jill, and that Larry recovers quickly from his injury.
Dad is really turning into an old fart. Prior to all of these injuries, he was just a fart.
Post a Comment