Ethan and Owen spent several days with us while their mommy and daddy took a trip to Chicago, presumably to celebrate the end of the school year for both of them, and also for their anniversary. I say "presumably" because I never really asked if there was one particular reason for the get-away. We were happy to have the boys with us, and I can assure you we learned quite a lot from them, as neither is ever at a loss for words!
The hot and humid weekend meant finding cool activities. The sun room heated up quickly, so E and O didn't spend much time playing their usual games with the play kitchen for too long on Saturday and Sunday.
Annie, Tanner, Miles, and Westy invited us to join them at the indoor playground at River Hills Mall on Sunday. The three bigger boys had a great time climbing, playing "lions" (which scared a couple of younger toddlers, so the boys switched their game to "puppies", which isn't nearly as intimidating). Westy did everything his big brother and big cousins did. I could hardly watch his daredevil climbs UP and his haphazard slides DOWN the play equipment. No injuries, though!
The big attraction for the kids was the collection of vehicles to play on and ride in. Fortunately, the boys don't know that inserting quarters into a slot livens up the rides. They're just as happy to make their own fun by pretending to be friendly NASCAR drivers, serious helicopter pilots, and happy law enforcement officials.
Keeping cool by playing with water outside is a good way to trick 3-year-olds into doing yard work. Owen and Ethan are expert waterers. You can see Owen's watering pitcher, glowing yellow from all the fast pouring.
Grandpappy guided the garden hose so the boys could do some intense watering. Note to members of my family: I can assure you that when I sent this particular picture to Charlie and Angie with a text message that said something like, "A couple of hosers," that I did NOT utter that phrase out loud. So, no blaming me for Ethan's reference to Vivian being a "hoser". Not my fault!
After all the hard work, Owen and Ethan enjoyed a snack out on the patio. Thanks, guys!
A large chunk of play time in the mornings was spent making and delivering pizzas. Ethan and Owen have quite the pizza business in their living room.
The weather cooled off and the sun room was ready for play time again. Owen, as he often does, concentrated on building something interesting with vehicles and miscellaneous parts.
He wasn't just about school buses and front loaders, though. He decided to try out a large plastic teapot as a fashionable hat.
His headgear has a Carmen-Miranda-without-the-fruit look to it. With a few feathers added, the hat might qualify as a fascinator in England!
Ethan spent some time setting the table with plates, cups, silverware, and wooden fruit. It was delicious, as you might imagine!
On Wednesday morning, the boys made "Welcome Home" pictures for their mommy and daddy.
I should have brought my camera outside when Charlie and Angie arrived late Wednesday afternoon. I don't know whether E and O were happier to see C and A, or vice versa. All I know for sure is that it was fun to spend time with the little guys!








2 comments:
What an adorable duo. Glad you put 'em to work... can't be ALL fun and games and Grandma Jill and Grandpappy's house!
The boys had a great time! Thanks for putting up with them for so long...
:)
Post a Comment