This blog entry is mostly for my own records. In previous posts, I've shared the saga of removing the invincible plants that previously inhabited one of the two flower beds in our lower backyard. At last we have new plants growing in both beds, even though resident rabbits have been trying their best to keep ahead of us. The gardens look newly planted (which they are), so I can't wait until they are better established.
LaVonne created a map of each bed, with suggested plants to choose from. Here's what is planted in the former "tiger lily bed"...
Annuals: Tangerine Superbells and sweet potato vine (edging)
Perennials: Blue Oat Grass, Moonshine Yarrow, Sum and Substance Hosta, and
Rocket City Day Lilies
The D-shaped bed has these plants-- all perennials for now. Next year I'll put some annuals in, too, but I've spent enough money for one summer!
Black-Eyed Susan Day Lily, Lamb's Ear
Tiki Torch Coneflower, Sunset Coneflower
Catmint
Evening Primrose, Yucca,
Dwarf Russian Sage, Dwarf Crabapple
Now I need to be patient and wait for the plants to establish themselves as residents of our backyard. We'll do our best to keep bunnies from dining on the flowers and leaves.













3 comments:
Beautiful plants! I know the beds will be gorgeous when everything gets established and is blossoming with color.
Ummm.... palm trees? Where are they?
Gorgeous! And while I'd love to see some palm trees, I'm pretty sure you're in the wrong zone. Or maybe it's Chuck who's in the wrong zone...
Post a Comment