I'm slow in writing an entry about our trip to NC to see Vivi, Hannah, E, and E. Sorry about that. Part of the delay has been taken up by deliberations over which photos to include. There aren't many to choose from unfortunately, but it wouldn't be true if the reason was that the picture-taking was minimal. I took lots of pictures, but not all of them are blog worthy due to the quick movements of two little girls. More on that later.
We were greeted at the airport by Hannah, running toward us while doing her kindergarten homework. This girl is just like her mommy used to be about getting homework done! Hannah had some exciting news for us, too. A loose tooth!
And guess what??! The tooth came out while we were visiting! Yes, there was a visit from the Tooth Fairy, which was pretty dang exciting!
Cousin Linda came for lunch on Saturday. She and Dad/Larry/Grandpappy had some good talk time about various relatives in the Potts family, and we all enjoyed conversation on the lovely 70+ degree day while eating lunch on E and E's great porch. Thanks for sharing this picture, Linda.
The big hit of the weekend was the Disney dominoes game Linda brought for Hannah. Grandpappy and Hannah played non-stop, except when Gpappy needed a breather and Elisabeth or I took over for a while. I'm not sure who all those Disney princess are, but they got a workout over the weekend!
Of course it's always fun to read with the chicas, in this case "Those Darned Squirrels." Hannah read to us, too. She's learning so much in kindergarten!
I got to go with Hannah, Vivi, and Elisabeth to Hannah's friend Mila's birthday party on Sunday. It was fun to meet some of her friends, especially Mila and James. James and Hannah plan to get married some day, so it was important for me to check him out ahead of time.
We also took a trip to the parque, and to the playground at Hannah's school (what a great playground the school has!). On the day we went to the regular parque, I attempted to get some pictures of the girls playing on the equipment. Here's Hannah getting dizzy on the swing tire.
Remember what I wrote earlier about fast moving little girls? Here's proof.
Hannah, part 1...
Hannah, part 2...
Vivian, face down...
Vivian, disappearing around the roses...
Here, they're almost close enough to be in the same shot.
Notice the abundance of roses-- in mid-November!
Here's my favorite shot of Vivi from the weekend, not because I enjoy seeing a sad little girl, but because she's just "so stinkin' cute", as her Auntie Annie always says about her! In case you're concerned, she jollied herself out of her crabby look within a few seconds. Take a look at the woods in the background... autumn isn't over in NC yet. So beautiful.
E, E, H, and V: Thank you for a great weekend. We love your house and the new location. Kisses and hugs to the chicas. See you again in a few weeks!






2 comments:
It was wonderful to see all of you.
Come back to NC soon!
Pretty funny pics, Gma Jill! We miss you and want you to come back noowwwwwwwwwwwwwww! The last shot of Vivi is how she looked tonight when she said, "I want Grandma and Grandpa!"
BTW, we found out all the names of the Disney Princesses with the help of Sheree, the now even more beloved babysitter extraordinaire!
Post a Comment